Common Data Environment
think project! offers a wide range of collaboration and information management solutions to meet the needs of all stakeholders on construction and engineering projects. All our solutions are integrated in a so-called Common Data Environment (CDE).
A Common Data Environment is the single source of information for the project. The CDE is used to collect, manage and disseminate graphical and non-graphical data (i.e. all project information, whether created in a BIM environment or in a conventional data format). It connects teams, processes, information and systems across company boundaries and supports the entire project lifecycle.
The Common Data Environment facilitates collaboration in project teams and helps to avoid duplication and mistakes.
Would you like to know what is essential for a CDE? Take a look at our free guide and checklist.
Common Data Environment conforming to PAS* and ISO*
integrated solution portfolio
best practice from 10,000+ projects
The Common Data Environment offered by think project! …
- is based on ISO 27001-certified cloud infrastructure hosted in Germany
- meets the requirements for a Common Data Environment (CDE) according to PAS *1192-2 and ISO *19650
- comes with an integrated solution portfolio which covers typical challenges in construction and engineering projects such as the management of drawings, documents, BIM models, defects, bids and tenders, photos and much more
- includes a workflow-engine to support all kinds of processes – from simple distributions to complex approval workflows
- comes with easy to administer rights management
- provides instant interconnectivity within the think project! solutions portfolio
- provides connectivity with other enterprise solutions, applications, etc. (“Integrated Data”) to make the CDE your centre of information management and collaboration
Positioning of think project! in the construction industry's IT landscape
- Profit from best practice solutions based on experience from 10,000+ projects
- Easily incorporate stakeholders and project members from different teams, companies and disciplines
- Efficiently capture and share information and improve the speed and auditability of project communications
- Run cross-enterprise workflows as smoothly as those within your own organisation
- Access your common data environment (CDE) 24/7 web-based from anywhere in the world
- Get solutions for all challenges throughout the entire project lifecycle and beyond
- Benefit from quality improvements, time and cost savings, and minimise risks
- Build on scalable solutions that grow with your experience
- Adapt your solutions flexibly and quickly to ever changing needs (another benefit: no need for programming!)
Solution delivery options
Customers can choose between different options for solution delivery:
- think project! SaaS = Software subscription (SaaS) and hosting by think project! (recommended for maximum flexibility!)
- think project! License model SaaS = Customer purchases software licenses, hosting is provided by think project!
- think project! License model on-premises = Customer purchases software licenses, hosting on premise + maintenance agreement with think project!
think project! offers ISO 27001-certified hosting in a "trusted cloud environment" at two data centres in Germany. State-of-the-art equipment and high-quality services ensure best performance and a high level of information security. Hosting services include the operation of the hardware platform, provision and maintenance of the think project! software and the storage of project data.
Do you need help finding best fit solutions for your challenges?
Product development, deployment and operations are executed according to international security standards. Read more in our security brochure!