While other industries are already talking about the fourth industrial revolution caused by digitalisation (“Industry 4.0”) and taking note of how disruptive digital technologies can be for existing markets, stakeholders in construction are still a bit more cautious, because the actual impact of digitalisation on the industry is not yet absolutely clear. This is a very understandable situation since the construction industry has always worked a bit differently. For example, the drivers behind former industrial revolutions, mass production and standardisation, are difficult to achieve in construction due to the unique nature of the industry.
How can digitalisation in construction be achieved in such a challenging context? It is clear that the construction industry needs to find its own way in the digital revolution. Some companies have started walking down this path, establishing themselves as digital pioneers, but many still hesitate to fully commit to a digital strategy. This whitepaper aims to help you find your way, because Construction 4.0 is the future.
Construction 4.0 - about the whitepaper
- Gives an overview of some important terminology and how it is related (Digitalisation, Digitisation, BIM and Construction 4.0)
- Highlights the impact of digitalisation on construction and names construction-specific benefits
- Explains how to prepare for digitalisation in your company and names the four essential fields of action
- Are you one of the people who has to drive digitalisation in your company and are looking for inspiration and guidelines? This is your paper.
- Has your company already embarked on the road to digitalisation and you want to be part of the discussion? This paper can help you.
- A 10-pages paper
- Free of charge
- Reading time: 7 minutes
- The chance to receive more interesting content on digitalisation, BIM and much more by selecting “I want to receive more information by think project!” in the form
After filling out the form, you will receive an email with a download link. As a ISO 27001-certified software provider with headquarters in Germany, we take the protection of your data very seriously. To learn more, please take a look at our data protection statement.