WHAT IS BIM?
Building Information Modelling (BIM) is currently one of the most discussed topics in the construction industry. The promise of integrated planning, a complete, audit-proof chain of information along the project lifecycle, and fewer cost overruns are highly attractive to an industry that has been struggling to increase its margins and profitability.
However, with the advantages comes confusion caused by industry hearsay. Misunderstandings about what BIM is and what it actually can and can’t do cause many companies to be cautious about investing in this new approach, but it is not an option to neglect BIM in the long term. Great Britain has taken on the role of a pioneer in this area and shows what can be achieved with BIM. Other countries are now implementing their own BIM strategies and companies that do not get active in this area now might be left behind by the competiton. Developing a fundamental and practical understanding of what BIM is key to keeping up with advancement in the industry!
Let’s dispel the BIM myths and get to the bottom of it!
Challenging the existing convictions and misconceptions of BIM is the goal of the whitepaper, “What is BIM? Dispelling the Myths”. The whitepaper:
- lists the top 6 myths that exist about BIM and refutes them
- brings a management view into Building Information Modelling
- offers a short, comprehensive and yet practical answer to the question “What is BIM?”
- Are you still new to BIM and want to gain a broader outlook? This is a good place to start!
- Are you already active in the area of BIM? Maybe you have some preconceived ideas of your own and would like to find out if they are correct.
- A 6 –page paper (average reading time: 5 minutes)
- Free of charge
- PDF delivered to you as a download link via email
- The option to receive additional information on BIM and more (just check the box “I want to receive additional information by think project!”)