- Minimisation of time, cost and risk
- Monitoring, transparency and traceability
- High agreement and decision security
- Seamless version control
- Optimal organisation, management and compliance on projects
- Transparent cross-enterprise organisation
- Greater productivity and quality through standardised processes
- Rapid availability of project information
- Worldwide, 24/7 access to everything that’s important
- Database-oriented filing, no rigid folders
- “Project-Cockpit”, reports, notifications
- Efficient cross-enterprise collaboration
- Simple and secure integration of external project partners
- Cross-enterprise workflows
- Easy definition of access rights for users belonging to registered companies
- A high level of information security
- Access rights based on the ‘communication principle’ (only sender and receiver are information owners unless otherwise defined)
- Trusted Cloud delivery from ISO 27001-certified data centres based in Germany
Every customer is individually and personally supported from Day 1. Our skilled advisors, including engineers, architects and software specialists, deliver support during implementation up until your successful deployment of think project! and beyond.
Our implementation checklist includes:
- Analysis of your requirements (How has work been performed to date? Which processes can be optimised and what are your priorities?)
- Project set-up and tailored configuration of think project!
- Conducting a kick-off with your principal project partners
- Training users and project administrators
- Embedding think project! within your organisation, expanding functionality and adapting as necessary
- Delivering on-going maintenance and support
- Developing standards for further projects
- Archiving completed projects
As there is no need for additional programming, a project can be set up and configured economically and fast.
Our experience shows that some customers prefer to start with a limited implementation, and then build on it step by step. Others want to dive in straight away, deploying multiple think project! Modules and/or complex individual processes. However you choose to proceed, we can advise you across your entire project timeline, implementing your desired processes and adaptations on a results-driven basis.
It is very important to us that you are satisfied with your initial implementation. An optimal solution should always follow your own methods of thinking and working, rather than the reverse.
think project! delivers a unique range of functions that enable flexible design of customer- and project-specific solutions without additional programming. Through configuration of our existing system, we are able to implement individual processes for many thousands of projects and customers, without needing to re-create and manage multiple software versions.
However, to offer effective custom-made solutions, we need to understand your requirements precisely. Adaptations are implemented by think project! Technical Account Managers, rather than programmers. These industry specialists have a wealth of experience behind them, offering expert know-how in their specific fields.
Matching these skills and experience with your requirements makes this flexibility possible and creates intelligent technology. The real added value is generated by our specialists working with you to implement the best possible solution for successfully executing your projects.
A process (workflow) is a sequence of work stages
- By an individual
- By multiple people, i.e. within a team
- Between different organisations, i.e. project partners
- Between different systems, i.e. think project! and SAP
Defining a process involves answering the questions:
- What needs to be done by whom and when?
- Which information is necessary to accomplish this?
- Who must be involved in what steps?
- What result is required and how will this be measured?
Project management and execution processes ranging from simple to complex. We package related processes into solutions, which we call think project! Modules. Examples of these modules include reliable standards for the management of plans, documents or defects, and also include RFIs, site instructions and non-conformity reports, and how they come into play within international projects.
Yes. To facilitate exchange of data between systems, think project! uses Web Services APIs (SOAP and REST). Via these ready-to-use, programmable interfaces, other systems such as ERP, DMS, AVA, CAD and FM can share data.
No, or not a traditional one. Document Management Systems (DMS) are helpful in enabling shared editing of documents within a company, or in drawing up internal document-based workflows. As a rule, in complex projects, different organisations must work together, and external competencies must be embedded within processes. However, most DMS are not designed to do this. While a few allow external partners a brief insight into documentation structures, this ‘guest access’ doesn’t meet the demands of cross-enterprise processes and true project collaboration. think project! closes these gaps.
Using think project! makes simple and secure integration of external partners possible in supporting cross-enterprise processes. think project! doesn’t necessarily replace internal systems, but instead extends their effectiveness beyond company boundaries.
Ist think project! Dokumentenmanagementsystem
The think project! user interface is currently available in 21 languages to support multi-national projects: Arabic, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Swiss-French, Swiss-German, Slovakian, Spanish, Turkish and Ukrainian.
To enable project participants to immediately work efficiently within think project!, training is particularly important at the commencement of a project. When new participants or processes are introduced during the course of a project, training can be repeated or expanded at any time. Online training is also available.
Our training is oriented towards project-specific processes and aimed at the specific roles and tasks of project participants. This individual approach can substantially reduce the length of training times – from just two hours to a maximum of one day according to the needs of participants in each group.
think project! is delivered as a cloud solution wherever an internet connection is available.
think project! can be rented for a set period, for example the lifetime of a project. This is what we call Cloud Solution, Application Service Provision (ASP) or Software as a Service (SaaS). Another alternative is the purchase of licenses.
Typically, we deliver hosting of the think project! platform on dedicated equipment in professional ISO 27001-certified data centres offering optimal environments and protection. Our hosting services include operation of the hardware platform, provision of think project! software and storage of your project data. We assure a high standard of security, as well as best-possible accessibility and performance. Alternatively, you can host think project! in your own data centre on your own computing platform.
Your options include:
- think project! Cloud = rental of software licenses + hosting in think project! data centres
- think project! Enterprise-ASP = purchase of software licenses + hosting in think project! data centres
- think project! Enterprise = purchase of software licenses + hosting on your own computer platform
When you decide on think project!, there’s no need to invest in expensive hardware or incur high upfront costs. You’ll receive a customised solution that meets your individual needs at a fair price – on an operational expenditure basis, without capital investment. How you are billed is based on a variety of measurements, including:
- Project size (construction volume, GB, number of users, etc.)
- Number of contracted projects (framework contract, project pool, etc.)
- The think project! Modules and Services you implement
- Professional configuration services required
Essentially, think project! offers ‘pay-by-use’, which is one of the principal benefits of the cloud computing model. Contact us for an estimate of costs based on your specific needs.
With think project! Archive, we offer a simple and cost-effective opportunity for the longterm provision of project data. A project's complete and unalterable database is saved within a think project! Archive. The familiar organisational structure also remains unchanged. The think project! Archive serves not only as a valuable base of information after the conclusion of the active construction phase, but it can also serve in retaining intermediate results after each stage of project progress.
Yes. Since 2013 the Information Security Management System (ISMS) deployed by both think project! GmbH and its subsidiary company think project! International GmbH & Co. KG has been certified by TÜV Rhineland according to the international standard ISO/IEC 27001:2005. The ISMS covers all IT and business processes of think project!.
The goal is to permanently define, control, monitor and maintain and continuously improve information security. Risks in information processing must be reduced to an acceptable level. Our customers must be able to rely on our information and processes being accessible, correct and reliable. Through internationally recognised ISO 27001 certification, we have now also confirmed that we have demonstrably implemented information security within our company.